This Privacy Statement is used by holding company Koninklijke Smilde BV, Smilde Bakery BV, Smilde Foods BV, Smilde Natura BV and all its associated brands, labels and legal entities, hereafter referred to as Smilde.
Privacy-sensitive data is processed via Smilde's websites. This data is called personal data. We consider careful handling of personal data of great importance. Personal data is therefore carefully processed and secured by us. Our employees and third parties engaged by us are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. Any adjustments and / or changes to the website can lead to changes in this privacy statement.
In our processing we adhere to the requirements of the privacy law. That means, among other things, that we:
• state clearly for which purposes we process personal data. We do this through this privacy statement;
• try to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for the
• first ask you for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required, permission granted by you by accepting this General conditions / Privacy Statement.
• take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require that of parties that process personal data on our instructions;
• respect your right to offer, correct or delete your personal data on your application
In this privacy statement we explain which personal data we collect and use and for what purpose. We recommend that you carefully read this statement. This privacy statement was last amended on December 12, 2019.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
Use of personal data
When using our website, you leave certain information with us. That may be personal data. We collect personal data in various ways.
It is also possible that you approach us with questions and / or complaints by mail, e-mail or telephone. In that case we will contact you to handle the question or complaint. Finally, we may collect data from you through contests and other promotions in which you have participated, or when you have participated in a market or customer survey, or when you have registered as a subscriber to our (digital) newsletter.
Personal data is also collected when viewing our website on various devices such as a smartphone, a tablet or a computer and the like.
In addition, data can also be collected via social media channels (including YouTube).
When you use our website, we may process the following data from you (partly depending on the data you enter yourself by, for example, placing an order, taking part in competitions or by creating an account):
• Name and First name(s);
• Date of birth;
• Telephone number;
• E-mail address;
• Technical data of the equipment you use (for example your smartphone / laptop / tablet), such as IP address, MAC address and the software used;
• Your surfing behavior on our website, including mouse and click behavior and the duration and time of your visit to our website;
• Payment details;
• Purchase history;
The above information is used for the following purposes:
• to offer you the possibility to order items via our website (where applicable) and to use all functionalities and services on the website;
• to process your order and to inform you about its progress;
• to communicate with you by sending digital newsletters and / or mail;
• to process your data for possible participation in competitions and other promotions, so that we can reach you when you have won something;
• to answer your questions or handle your complaints via social media, e-mail, by post or by telephone;
Smilde sends periodic newsletters that you can subscribe to voluntarily, with which we inform you about our products and activities. Each newsletter contains a link that you can use to unsubscribe from future newsletters. We use the American company MAILCHIMP as our email marketing software. MAILCHIMP stores interactions to personalize the content of newsletters. MAILCHIMP may provide this information to third parties if MAILCHIMP is legally required to do so. We have no influence on this. The information is transferred by MAILCHIMP to MAILCHIMP servers in the United States and stored indefinitely. MAILCHIMP is affiliated with the European-American Privacy Shield principle and agrees to abide by it. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
Cookies are placed through our website by the American company Google. We use their Analytics service via their Google Tag Manager tool to track visitor behavior and to receive reports on website usage. This way we can improve our website and services. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally required to do so, or insofar as third parties process the information on Google's behalf. We have no influence on this. The information that Google collects is made anonymous as much as possible. The information is transferred by Google to Google servers in the United States and stored indefinitely. Google is affiliated with the European-American Privacy Shield principle and agrees to abide by it. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
We keep statistics about the use of our website in the form of your IP address and pages visited. With these statistics we gain insight into the use of the website and we can solve any problems more easily. This allows us to optimize our services so that we can provide you with the best possible service.
A cookie is placed via our website from the American company Google, as part of the YouTube service. We use this service to show you videos. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally required to do so, or insofar as third parties process the information on Google's behalf. We have no influence on this. The information is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States for an indefinite period of time. Google is affiliated with the European-American Privacy Shield principle and agrees to abide by it. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
Your data will be stored by Smilde for an indefinite period of time.
Distribution to third parties
In certain cases, Smilde will pass on personal data to third parties if this is necessary for the implementation of the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or if this is legally required. In no case will personal data be provided to third parties for the commercial activities of those same third parties.
Accept cookies: If you want to use all functionalities on our website, you must accept our cookies. At your first visit you will see a window through which you can accept the cookies. You do this by closing the window or by continuing on our website.
Unregistering cookies: Do you want to delete our cookies or do you want to prevent cookies from coming to your computer at all? Check your specific browser settings.
Security of personal data
Smilde attaches great importance to the protection of Personal Data. In addition, we are required by law to ensure proper protection of your Personal Information. For that reason we have taken the following appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information, among other things and where appropriate:
• Personal data is stored in a secure environment in the European Economic Area;
• Use of a good password policy;
• Setting up authorizations;
• Personal data is stored on secure servers of Koninklijke Smilde BV or is hosted under adequate security at suppliers with whom Koninklijke Smilde BV has concluded a processing agreement;
• Processing of Personal Data must be registered in a register;
• It is possible to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the processing systems and services at all times;
• Establishing a procedure for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of the security measures taken;
• In the event of a physical or technical incident, it is possible to restore the availability of and access to the Personal Data in a timely manner
Smilde uses certified SSL connections (the Secure Socket Layer - Protocol) for the website during the ordering process and all contact forms.
View and change your data
If you have provided us with personal data, you can request and / or change it at any time. To do this, you can contact Royal Smilde customer service if you wish to inspect the data that Smilde has registered about you and for deletion or possible corrections if this data is incorrect or incomplete.
Royal Smilde BV
De Kuinder 9
NL-8444 DC Heerenveen
PO Box 200
NL-8440 AE Heerenveen
If you contact us regarding the information mentioned above, you will receive a response within one month.
Royal Smilde BV - December 2019